I'll be doing ENG for the CTV Broadcast Consortium at Whistler. My tour runs Feb 5, 2010 - Mar 1, 2010. There will be 4 ENG cameras assigned to Whistler for the Consortium. Two will be assigned to "Features" and I am one of two assigned to Breaking Event Coverage/News. I will be issued a Sony PDW-700 XDCam and all new gear for the assignment. I am also provided with a set of wheels.
My one bedroom condo provided by the consortium is on the Whistler Village Stroll.
So far I have spent a lot of time researching the events I will be covering at The Games. Alpine events include Downhill, GS and Slalom at Creekside Whistler Mountain. Bobsleigh, Luge and Skeleton at the Sliding Centre. Nordic events are all events with a hinged binding on a set of skis. So Ski Jumping, Cross Country and Nordic Combined events all at Whistler Olympic Park just South of Whistler townsite. And of course the Medal Presentations in Whistler. My scheduled shifts are 1100-2200 EVERY day.
It's quite an honour and a privilege to work this event. I've worked a lot of major events and big news coverage in 20 years. But I have to say this is the most excited I have ever been to get it started!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good for you big brother. Looking forward to your updates. Depending on when you're able to update your blog, this could be a good site to view daily the scene behind the scene behind the scene. Fresh out of the gate, Lueder's chances in the bobsled against stiff international/home competition should be a good story early as he has struggled a little the last couple years. He usually picks it up for the Olympics though. The disabled Canadian that made the x-country team will be another fascinating story to follow early on.
ReplyDeleteYou're a great asset to CFRN and I'm sure you'll do an amazing job. Bon chance!
I'm very excited for you, Uncle! And I'm a little jealous too. However, I am quite pleased that you have started a blog to keep us commoners updated about your fabulous job in mountains. Looking forward to future posts and have a kickass time!
ReplyDeletexoxo