
Late afternoon I caught wind of a possible demonstration by the goons that busted up Vancouver the day before. A 4 o'clock protest in Whistler Village. The news guy in me got instantly psyched and I headed for their most likely target, the CTV set in Village Square. I waited an hour wondering where they would be changing into their black hoodies and masks. I surveyed the square from striking distance of our set. No show. I heard there were 4 protesters that got drowned out by a marching band farther down the Stroll. Ha. Who needs riot cops, sick the drum and bugle crew on 'em!

Tonights assignment was a short story about the 3 Gold medals that would be presented that night to Suisse athletes. The Suisse fans are almost as crazy as the Canadians here. They carry huge cow bells and make a lot of noise everywhere they go. Jennifer Hedger met me after the ceremonies at Suisse Broadcasting in the square where another huge crowd of fans and media greeted Olympic Champions. Grrrrrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment