Thursday, February 11, 2010

Green grass on February 5th

After a long day of travel and training on Friday I decided to stay at my Sister Lynn's in Richmond. I haven't seen her husband Steve in a couple years. He's running a fleet of 80 security vehicles for the games. Again I think, how big is this thing? My nephews Alexander and John greet me in front of their house. The clean asphalt and green grass let me know I'm not in Edmonton anymore. The boys have grown since I saw them in the summer. They easily carry my heavy bags into their home. What they really want is to see my camera and talk to me about the Olympics. "What will you be doing?" "Where will you stay?" "Can we have a picture with you and the camera?" Seems the Olympics have made a minor celebrity out of their uncle. They have bragged to their friends about me. The neighbors come out to see what's with the CTV Olympics truck out front, and are impressed with the camera. Lynn orders pizza and I spend the night talking to the boys about their sports, guitar lessons and The Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment