Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hurtin' Albertan

My body is hurtin. No shifts under 12 hours and very busy. I basically walk everywhere with camera, bag and sticks. Today I had to add skis, boots and poles to my one trip load. OUCH!!!

I skied the ladies Downhill course holding my camera and no poles. Yikes! Steep and icy! No that wasn't my footage of a high speed run down the course. It might have been Brian Stemmle did that. He's got a little more experience, and leg muscle, than me. Later I was at the top of ladies slalom as Lindsey Vonn started. Then I went down the course carrying my camera again.
I've had a lot of chances to set-up interviews and light them nicely. CTV is expecting well lit and framed interviews. HD is unforgiving of bad photography. Time to step it up. So far the editors and producers here say they are very impressed with my work. WHEW!
Going to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I have to shoot Men's GS athletes getting on the Gondola at 7:30 am. Then I'm assigned to GS mix zone for training runs. After that I have a feature to finish at "Weasel House".

No comments:

Post a Comment