Wednesday, February 17, 2010

snow dogs


Tuesday morning the snow fell heavy in Whistler and heavier on the hills.

Downhill was cancelled again, that was my morning shoot. Ah, maybe I'll hit the hot tub to loosen up some very sore shoulders. I've been carrying my 20lb XD camera, a loaded slingbag and my tripod everywhere I go to this point, 12 - 14 hours a day. I've got a pinched nerve in my neck and my back and shoulders scream at me every night. It's all good. 11 days to go. Today I worked briefly with Roger Millions for a Sportsnet story and Jermain Franklin on a TSN story. The snow melted away from Whistler Village before the end of the day and the Downhill run was groomed and ready for the women.

Wednesday started with several planned shoots. First up a shoot with Aliya-Jasmine Sovani who is a Program Host (VJ) for MTV Canada. AJ is doing morning hits into Olympic Morning on CTV and regular evening spots with Jennifer Hedger. The dog sled story we shot today will be on Jennifer's segment with AJ on Thursday. This was a very fun shoot. AJ was an absolute pleasure to work with. She loves dogs and I'm sure she kissed all 60 dogs at the starting area for our shoot.

Later in the afternoon I went up in a B3 A-Star helicopter with an Associate Producer. He set this shoot up with a local helicopter pilot. This pilot for Blackcomb Helicopters flew American Downhiller Lindsey Vonn onto a glacier this past summer. Lindsey was doing a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated in a swimsuit. The shoot with the helicopter pilot was a good excuse to show Canada video of the SI photo shoot. Watch for this in days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment